1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

this photo is part of Mik Kellys post

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by Cuda70, Mar 6, 2016.

?

Do you think this is helpful

1. yes

100.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Cuda70

Cuda70 New Member

It is so helpful you need to place it as a stickie under TROUBLESHOOTING this can help thousands of other NOOBs Thanks Mike

[​IMG]

MChrisP1 likes this.
  2. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

You're right that this a great reference to have. It would make sense as a sticker to be placed by the board under the Robo for reference. I have it printed and in my notebook for when I work on mine. The one thing missing is the RAMPS fan that always comes unplugged when you remove the cover. Working from the lower left of the board in the picture and going to the right you see a small green circle. There are 3 stacked going up from that point, then a space, and two more green circles. That is where the fan plugs in and the red wire goes on the top circle. I circled it in purple below. I hate that fan wiring. I will lengthen it once I take it off again.

Also note, that this may not apply with the newest R1+, because I think Robo started using their own flavor of RAMPS. I don't believe that the Z motors are using the same stepper driver anymore. They might be split to using independent drivers. Someone can correct me on that, but I think that is something I heard on the forum.

Robo also has a video on their youtube channel on how to wire the RAMPS board. It is 2 years old, but could be helpful.
    https://youtu.be/LxZNRO6Vk0A

J3UXUYs.gif

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Electrically the new ramps is the same as the old one, but the connectors differ.
    Also, you are right and they now use two stepper channels to drive the Z rather than one channel with two drivers.