1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Time for refurbishing :)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mark tomlinson, Jan 12, 2021.

1. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

3 of the older Robo units (and one non-Robo, but ...) needed refurbishment. I went to toss some items on something with a larger bed and ... no luck. Even the newer one (the R1+) was not even powering up.

The two older R1/Beta units just need some parts replaced (bearings mostly) but the R1+ was not even powering up. AC fuse in the plug connector is good, but no power to the power supply. The actual failed part? The AC plug (not the wire, the receptacle the cord plugs into where the power switch is mounted). This is odd because not only do those parts seldom fail, but this is the second time I have had to replace that part on a Robo. Not both times same printer, but still... Cheap parts are going to be cheap I guess :)

Will spend the rest of this week getting all of them back working as I get time. I'll do some pictures and a thread on the replacements since it will be good information for others.

Geof likes this.