1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Titan Aero on R2

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by Omar Basha, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Omar Basha

Omar Basha New Member

Hi Guys,

Been trolling the forms here to see what I can do upgrade my R2 with. I havent seen anyone attempt using an TItan Aero. Do you think this would be possible? Or is it even needed? Was thinking of going to an E3D v6, especially because of parts availability here in South Africa. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

E3Dv6 is possible, Aero isn't so much. But a regular titan might be or even a Bondtech. It would require redesigning and printing a new extruder top. Even though Robo designed their extruder head to be similar to an Ultimaker, they are not the same so there are no part or 3D model interchangeability.

3. Omar Basha

Omar Basha New Member

Hi, just an update here. I could only find a fake e3d near me so I bought it and installed it. Old heatbreak was done in on the hex so couldn't print a mod to fit. I just bought longer bolts and added washers as spacers so I could lower the shroud. So far it printed ok, better than before in fact. Printed with PETG only but I think we finally on our way to a more reliable printer.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk