1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Titan Extruder - how to insert PTFE tube in the Idler level?

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by CJH, Oct 30, 2016.

1. CJH

CJH Member

Hi,

The PTFE tube I am referring to is not the section from hot end to the gear, I am referring the section that stick out of the extruder and goes in the Idler, acting as a 1.75mm filament guide. It is so tight I have to use the plier to grab and push it in but often squeeze it so tight that change the shape of the PTFE tube.

There's got to be a better way...

Thanks, CJ

2. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

Yep mine was right as well. Don't force it in. Like you said it will deform and that could make it difficult for the filament to pass if you much deforming. I took a drill bit and cleaned out the idler hole by hand. No drill, just by hand. Another option is to lightly sand the outside of the end of the PTFE tube. You don't want it loose, not tight, just snug. So go slow and check the fit as you go.

3. CJH

CJH Member

Thanks for the advice. It also looks like the final opening nearest the gear is particular narrow, I think to prevent the PTFE tube from touching the gear. I was originally thinking to allow PTFE tube to go as close as possible. Maybe this is OK too.