1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

touch screen doesnt work ( always black)

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by chn9292, May 9, 2020.

1. chn9292

chn9292 New Member

İ removed ribbon cable of touchscreen and connected again correct , but touchscreen doesnt give answer , it always black also when I connect cable , Card doesnt run (rasperberry Pi). Support Please Urgent !

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

If the Pi is not booting at all (can you get to OctoPrint via a web browser?) then you need to burn a new SD card from a saved image and try booting from that.

3. chn9292

chn9292 New Member

İ was going to do but screen went back however ı cant touch it. it doesnt responsive. now screen is open but , there is no behavior. Freeze situation.

4. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

5. chn9292

chn9292 New Member

i set image file up to SD. do you Show me link belong steps of boot to rasberry ?

6. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Once you have burned the new image to the SD card you need to get the IP address for the printer.
    If you have it connected to your network (LAN cable or WiFi) go to your router and find the printer listed among the connected devices.
    Make a not of the IP address.

Now use a PC with Putty installed (https://www.putty.org/) and tell it to connect via SSH to that IP address.
    Use the normal Raspbian credentials to login. If you see the printer connecting to your router and if putty can connect then the Pi is working. You can point a web browser (Chrome, Edge, whatever you prefer) at the IP address and it will load the OctoPrint web interface. You can print from there.

You can use putty/SSH to reload the drivers for the LCD screen if you need to. If that doesn't fix it then the LCD may be defective.

7. chn9292

chn9292 New Member

it seems like from octoprint easier than putty. may i directly connect SD via USB port and may i load from usb folder as like upload gcode file ?

8. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

You can load files into OctoPrint from the USB connection or upload over the network.

9. chn9292

chn9292 New Member

there is something wrong or i couldnt , i dont know , i got image belon LCD 5'' and i need to boot via octoprint. also without image file there is a file which name is LCD5-show. my screen doesnt responsive , always freeze. cables are okay , connections and power is okay , iam thinking on boot problem maybe software has been damaged. please bright me in this case. what sould i do to fix it ?

10. chn9292

chn9292 New Member

also i never reach to raspberry via putty.

11. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

So do you see the printers IP address if you look on your WiFi Routers configuration screens. Most of them have a way to show you all of the attached wifi devices.

12. chn9292

chn9292 New Member

ı connected putty. I replaced driver of LCD screen. and now there is always pnk screen which has text robo. Freeze type has changed :) :(

13. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Well that means it is probably back to where we started -- a bad image for the raspberry pi.

If you have a monitor that you can connect to with an HDMI cable you might try booting Pi using that monitor and cable.
    Start with a generic Raspbian image first on a new SD card and if that works then swap over to using the SD card with RoboOS on it.

You just want to prove that the Pi is working.