1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Trusting the printer

Discussion in 'Show and Tell' started by Technidyne, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Technidyne

Technidyne Active Member

Last night as I was printing all the bits and pieces for mounting the Smart LCD XXL, forgot the wife had a planned engagement (her sister's birthday party) for us to go to. So, the very last part (a 2-hour print) I just cued-up on the screen, hit print and out the door I was.
    Usually I would stick around to pluck the little drool from the nozzle, baby-sit it till the first couple layers were laid down, make sure the filament was not jamming, etc. ......but not this time!
    A couple hours into the party, I get an email informing the part had finished printing.
    After the party, I go home and rush to the shop to find a perfectly printed back-plate for the XXL just sitting there!
    Pretty damned COOL I think! :)

2. Dbeal

Dbeal Active Member

I think this is a good option to have also. I have mine to do email and text and hasn't failed yet.

3. Technidyne

Technidyne Active Member

I got Magic Jack at home and on my Android, was hoping that SMS text could go to that number but it don't. ....Ah well, the email thing works very well.

4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Ugh magic jack had the worst quality. I could never hear anyone

5. Technidyne

Technidyne Active Member

Actually, Magic Jack works out superbly for us here. Been using it for about 4-years now to communicate with the kids in the US and also for all my business voice comms to the US, no problems at all.

6. Dbeal

Dbeal Active Member

I have the new magic jack it works .hmm ok, but it always loses connections from the computer.