1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

un responsive screen after troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Trevor C, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Trevor C

Trevor C Member

I have a non responsive touch screen and have followed the unplugging and re placing files on the sd card instructions to no avail. The graphic is ok but no control at all. I have checked the edges for foreign bits and nothing found.

Can someone advise how I contact customer support to resolve this please.

in the meantime i presume that it is possible to use the octoprint to set the z axis up.

Ta
    TC

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

844 476 2633

3. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

You should be able to use OctoPrint for the printer control even with the LCD not working. j

4. drbanks

drbanks Active Member

I had that happen once, and actually ran an entire kg spool of filament through it using only octoprint control. It was ultimately suggested to me to remove and re-seat all the cables between the Pi and the LCD, and fortunately that worked.

5. Trevor C

Trevor C Member

Thanks for all the advice . Usually , thsis has hapened a couple of times, reseating cables has worked but this time no joy. I managed to print a part last night regardless and will try re doing the cables again before calling the support number.

6. Trevor C

Trevor C Member

i have started an email trail with customer service seeing as phoning from the UK is eye wateringly expensive. will keep you posted

7. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

@Jerry RoBo 3D

Let's let Jerry know because (sadly) sometimes email is not the best approach with their support.
    I hope it has improved :)

Yea, I used to have to make those calls from the UK to the US and it was no better then either :)

Geof likes this.