1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Unable to connect PC to R+1

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by donnysplendido, Mar 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donnysplendido

donnysplendido New Member

Hi,

I upgraded Cura to a newer version, noticed some issues with the settings, corrected them in g-code but then other strange things started happening. I then upgraded the firmware from Arduino (at least I think I did) and now I can't connect Matter Control with the printer.

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Make sure your MatterControl baud rate matches the new firmware. Robo defaults to 115200, almost all the rest of the world uses 250000. If you upgraded to one of the Community based versions listed here then for sure the baud rate is 250000.

3. donnysplendido

Baud rate was 250000. I tried to re-upload the Arduino firmware and got an error message:

Arduino: 1.6.9 (Windows 10), Board: Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)
    Sketch uses 642 bytes (0%) of program storage space. Maximum is 253,952 bytes.
    Global variables use 9 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 8,183 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 8,192 bytes.
    avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "\\.\COM3": Access is denied.
    avrdude: ser_drain(): read error: The handle is invalid.
    Problem uploading to board.
    This report would have more information with
    "Show verbose output during compilation"
    option enabled in File -> Preferences.

4. donnysplendido

I was able to successfully upload to Arduino by running as admin. However, still getting the "attempting to connect..." on Matter Control.

5. donnysplendido

...and did some digging, found an old post for the V2 version of Arduino. And it connected right up. Guess some of the posts I had been following weren't exactly for a dull layman like myself.Thanks Where's Waldo for the help so far. This may not be over yet....

mark tomlinson likes this.
  6. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Yea, there are some threads in here that while not aimed at experts :) are aimed at folks more experienced with the internals/electronics. Honestly if you have ever played with Arduinos in any context then the printer is not difficult to understand, BUT that is still not common experience for everyone. Glad you have made progress.

We do have some threads that assume less knowledge and I have been trying to keep the FAQ threads focused on simple more step-by-step explanations too.

7. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Open a new thread if you need more help :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.