1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Unable to delete files/logs from Octoprint web interface

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by mheath82, Dec 15, 2017.

1. mheath82

mheath82 New Member

Hi all,

I recently upgraded my C2 with a 32GB micro SD using an image provided by Robo support. While printing works fine I can't seem to remove .gcode, time lapses or log files. I'll click on the trashcan icon but nothing happens. I'm not really sure where to start troubleshooting this so any guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you

2. hadrins

hadrins New Member

I am new to printing. But 2 things come to mind.
    1. You are not logged into Octoprint interface. (trashcan will be greyed out actually).
    2. The files were written to from another source and the Octoprint web interface doesn't have permissions.

3. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

@mheath82 ssh into the rPi and you will be able to delete all the files you want.

@hadrins I have asked Robo to redo the µSD card image on many occasions, there are bugs in the interface and the whole thing is a mess. They always respond that they know they have to clean it up then never do anything about it.

mheath82 likes this.
  4. OutsourcedGuru

OutsourcedGuru Active Member

My take on this was to do the Samba upgrade in-place and then to remotely map a drive. You may then easily just add/delete files remotely.