1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unofficial shipping counts

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Leon Grossman, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Das Wookie

Das Wookie Active Member

889?! That means units are shipping direct from China now then yes? They had shipped 300, then the 500 shipped to San Diego from China. that makes 800. The second batch of 500 would put totals up to 1300 unit shipped.

Deadly, is your printer shipping from SD or China? Trenton, where did yours ship from and what was your kickstarter order number?

2. Deadly Z Driver

Shipped from San Diego.

3. Trenton Smith

Trenton Smith Member

I think I was #1176, cause there was only a week left on the kick starter campaign. I tagged an April spot when someone else backed out. I will say one thing about this printer though....holy shit! I'm totally pleased with my unit. Wow

2 people like this.
  4. Trenton Smith

Trenton Smith Member

Shipped from San Diego. Got to Canada in less than 24 hrs. Must be super express shipping or something. The waiting was the hardest part.

5. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

congrats on your printer if you have any questions ask we all try to help

2 people like this.
  6. Harry

Harry Team ROBO 3D
    Staff Member

Hey Trenton, it is either that, OR it was shipped, and you did not get the tracking number till a few days after.
    - HV

7. Trenton Smith

Trenton Smith Member

Thanks for the offer of support and help tesseract. I may one day need it! Nice to see that everyone is so helpful here!

8. Das Wookie

Das Wookie Active Member

Don't be fooled. Jeff's gotta be an asshole... he's just being nice here to try and earn karma points. ;) {ducking}

9. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

damn son you got me

10. Leon Grossman

Leon Grossman Active Member

Sadly, with no word from the Robo team for over two weeks, it's impossible to keep the count up to date. Mine's on the way, we've got April, May, June(, July), and post ks backers being delivered.

I hope they come give us some information soon. As my best guess, I'd say that they've shipped on the order of 600 printers. More, if China is ramping up shipping. Unfortunately, we just can't know.

11. Matthias

Matthias Member

I totally agree, the teams lack of communication is really annoying. I'm a may backer with still no word. They're not even answering questions via kickstarter.

12. Harry

Harry Team ROBO 3D
    Staff Member

Hey All. I spoke about an hour or two ago with Mike and Braydon. They're working on getting me a count, and are currently finishing up tallying all the printers shipped. They said tomorrow they should have an updated count for me to post.

2 people like this.
  13. Matthias

Matthias Member

Got a tracking number yesterday evening. It's now on board SOO97, just about to cross the Atlantic. So excited ....

14. David Mortlock

David Mortlock Active Member

Soon to be crossing the Irish coast.

It won't be long.

15. JE Studios

JE Studios Member

order #1226 waiting for that letter from santa it will be delivered soon xD Congrats to all that has their printers already

16. Harry

Harry Team ROBO 3D
    Staff Member

Now it is time to release some OFFICIAL shipping counts!
    I just spoke with Mike, who is in charge of shipping. This is what I have:
    Official Shipping Count as of Sunday, November 10Th: 532 RoBo 3D Printers

In order to save on shipping costs, RoBo is going to palletize shipments to Australia and Japan.
    If you are an early backer, from Australia or Japan, and people who are later backers are getting their printers, don't worry. Your printer (If you are in Australia or Japan) will be on this shipment. going out next week.
    There will be 35 printers on a pallet going to Australia.
    Then their will also be pallets going form our manufacture in China, to Japan. Those pallets will have a total of 97 printers.

- Harry
    Team RoBo3D

17. David Mortlock

David Mortlock Active Member

That will give us a total of 664 shipped leaving 353 to fulfill the KS orders, assuming no web orders have been shipped which they seem to have been.

If they can ship 30/day then it won't be too long.

18. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

I can only assume they may have clumped some non ks orders in with the block shipment to Japan and Australia it would save tremendously on shipping costs to do a bulk ship of all items ks or not going to those two locations. Can't say for sure but it would make sense. I mean if they threw say 5 extra non ks orders on the pallet for Australia or Japan I really couldn't have a big issue for that as long as they got those others out asap, especially this early in the life of the business.

19. NickW

NickW New Member

This makes me very happy. As a web order, #1356, I look forward to hearing the rest of the KS orders becoming fulfilled. If David is right at thinking roughly 30 orders are shipped a day, then I should have mine in 1 to 2 months. I hope David is right, would be a great Xmas present for myself, heck I would even put a bow on the package and wait if it comes before Xmas. However I feel like 30/day is a bit optimistic and I should plan to have it by late Jan to Feb which wouldn't be too bad. I guess we will see!

20. Kiah

Kiah New Member

Would that include my May printer with ABS? Backer number 700ish.
    Surely there's not that many of us Aussies ordering :p