1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unofficial shipping counts

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Leon Grossman, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Harry

Harry Team ROBO 3D
    Staff Member

Hey Kiah, I believe so!

2. Visto

Visto New Member

it would be nice if you give us every day oficial shiping count

3. Kiah

Kiah New Member

PROGRESS!

"Hello!
    If you are receiving this message we have you on our records as a backer from Australia. As you hopefully already know, we have prepared a large shipment to Australia and will have our partners there distribute printers. We will be providing a confirmation number and a tracking number once the shipment arrives in customs.
    This being said we have to collect duties and taxes so now so that we can ensure your printer is delivered hassle free.
    Total price for duties and taxes in Australia is $62.00 USD. If you can please send this payment via Paypal torobo3dprinter@gmail.com then your printer will be on the way and completely paid for. We need these payments to be done by November 30th so we can load all the products and get them shipped out to you all. Thank you for your patience thus far and for your cooperation.

Team RoBo 3D"

4. Ross

Ross Member

Sigh, more fees...

5. Kiah

Kiah New Member

@Harry, could you ask what the deal with the additional fees is?

Earlier australian kickstarters have already received their printers, shipped without being hit by this additional fee.

Seems a little unfair to suddenly charge extra for something we've already paid for + paid for shipping for, just because they've changed shipping method for their own convenience and savings.

Pretty sure if we tried that shit over here we'd be violating some sort of fair trade law.

6. NickW

NickW New Member

Aww man, my last difficult semester of my undergrad is nearing end (pretty happy about that), but so many of my projects are coming to a close. An estimate at where they are in shipping count and future expectations would be nice. I needs me something to work on and I don't want to start something that I will have to shelve once I get my printer ( I plan on this taking most of my free time, better find those flowers someone mentioned for my wife).

Hmm, thanksgiving you say.... Thanks ROBO team/Harry in advance for an updated shipping count. ;)

7. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

The only reason you were even given an option for the low shipping cost was because kickstarter didn't allow them to charge more than 1 option.

It should also be noted that "Duties and Taxes" is a superfluous charge over the shipping charge. They still have to pay out the ass for shipping, even with the drop from palletizing. Almost guarantee you they're paying more to ship each unit to Australia than they actually charged you

8. Ross

Ross Member

So I have already paid the extra money for shipping... Now how long until I see a printer?

9. Jimwahhh

Jimwahhh Member

No idea. Apparently the pallet was booked to be shipped on the 2nd. Then today (5th) they have posted a picture on FB of the pallets saying "Australia here we come!". As far as I know they haven't given us an estimate of shipping time, customs time or time from distributor to customer.

2 people like this.
  10. tekos

tekos New Member

Got my tracking number. May backer.

11. agump

agump Member

just received my tracking number, printer should be here friday! order 16##. i messaged the team the got my tracking shortly after. i think any original backers should send them a message

12. Peter Krska

Peter Krska Active Member

I did send them a note for Canada and they write back it will be 8 weeks before I see a printer, plus a week in shipping. No confirmation. I order Nov 30, 2013 from their site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Ross

Ross Member

Hey tekos or agump.
    Are you both in Australia by chance?
    Did you order off Kickstarter?
    What group or month was your order scheduled for?

I ordered off Kickstarter with the expected delivery date of May 2013.
    I have sent the extra $70 for delivery but have not heard back from anyone.
    So as you can imagine, $660 down and considering they suggest an 8 to 12 week lead time when you purchase through the website.
    This whole ordeal is a little bit daunting.

14. Shotokan

Shotokan New Member

My order # was 13XX from the USA...wts is going on here? I am on the verge of asking for a refund.

15. NickW

NickW New Member

I know how you feel shotokan. Id recommend sending an email. Communicate to them that you feel upset for folks who have ordered a printer much later then you has received shipping info. I did and I hope it helps out, hoping for some good news before the new year. BTW same order number 13XX USA as well.

16. Racegrafix

Racegrafix Active Member

Emailing doesnt actually help, but it will keep you busy I suppose.

17. polylac

polylac New Member

Some wrote that they got an answer and shortly after that the order was sent, so at least if you are a early packer (bevor 14XX) it can't be wrong.

18. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

The squeaky wheel gets the grease

19. Kiah

Kiah New Member

...Unless you're australian. In which case the squeaky wheel gets the additional previously unannounced shipping fees and further delays.

Wonder if they'd tell us what ship it's on, so we can manually track the SS OZPrinterPallet via http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ or similar.

20. Sean Maxwell

Sean Maxwell New Member

I have spoke with braydon with concerns of unknown delays regarding US orders. He reassured me about 2 weeks ago that the last of kick starter orders have come in and they are moving along on schedule for the rest. Anybody know what the most recent order fulfilled was? I am #196x. This will give us a good idea of expectations but I have no reason not to believe them. This appears to be the best bang for buck product and is worth the lead time.