1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Up 3d printing for primary schools

Discussion in 'Show and Tell' started by taherzad4, Sep 26, 2022.

1. taherzad4

taherzad4 New Member

Do any of the good people on this forum use up printers in primary schools? this is something that I have wanted to do for a while but the expense is one of the limiting factors.
    I am still trying to justify the cost of buying my own machine (I'll buy you soon, I swear)
    also, what in particular would you do with the printer in the school as most of it will be 3d skills ala sketch up or similar.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

There were a couple of teachers on the Robo E3 forum section. You might want to post there.
    I know of a few that were using R1 series, but not a lot.

3. fred3d

fred3d Member

Steer clear of SketchUp. It's notorious for creating non-printable objects. If 3D design is the objective, Tinkercad is a good choice for all ages. Web based means it runs on almost anything and if each student creates an account, it travels with the student.

4. Denawh1

Denawh1 New Member

During my time as a casual primary teacher last year, I taught computer skills to kids as young as year 2. With some practice, they were not too bad at it. It would be good for the students to have these $3D printer club in a school. With all the cell phones and iPads that do everything for them, I've found that few children have an imagination these days. Get them to make things, as I've found that few children have an imagination these days.

#4 Denawh1, Sep 28, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2022