1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Update August 19th

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Coby Robo 3D, Aug 19, 2013.

1. David Mortlock

David Mortlock Active Member

I guess so. Never thought of people dropping out of buying a Robo.

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

A lot of people seemed to have canceled their later date order and jumped on an earlier data so that could explain the unusual number counts.

3 people like this.
  3. Harry

Harry Team ROBO 3D
    Staff Member

I agree with what Mike said.

4. cosber

cosber Active Member

So then there is no way for anyone to figure out exactly where they are on the shipping list. Guess I'll just hibernate until I get an email.

5. keraynopoylos

keraynopoylos New Member

Harry, could I ask you to try and find out if we have any news regarding the boroglass? Coby said "anyday now" on Monday. Also, are they expected(if not in yet) from an overseas supplier(China)?

Finally, have they solved the "how to ship unassembled kits" problem yet?

Thank you!

4 people like this.
  6. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Braydon got on the shoutbox:
    "
    Boro just was sent yesterday. Our manufacturer actually got caught in a rain storm and said they did not go into work for a few days
    It is on its way but for now we went and just got some other glass and are going to send some printers out with that glass as we more want the flatter surface that the glass provides

But boro is on its way and we are excited about implementing that into the process.
    Boro is not in the USbut we are getting expedited shipping
    "

Other notes: Braydon leaves in a week and a half for china.

China will be air shipping printers to end users.

7. Harry

Harry Team ROBO 3D
    Staff Member

Thanks Mike for summarizing that up for me! Greatly appreciated.

keraynopoylos

I'm not in LA at the moment, briefly out of town for a day, but will ask them ASAP.

8. keraynopoylos

keraynopoylos New Member

That's ok Harry. Mike s summary of Braydon's comments from the shout box answers my questions.

Thank you though.

9. STech

STech New Member

I don't mean to Hijack the thread, but I must say I am more than disappointed in your decision to move your manufacturing offshore! I was all ready to jump on board but while researching the lead times saw this post and am now considering looking elsewhere.

In 20 years starting, managing and operating various startup manufacturing businesses, I have found one constant, American workers consistently produce higher quality products than I have ever seen from offshore manufacturers. You may save a few bucks initially, and I hope I am wrong for your sake, but I have seen three of my customers do the same thing (take manufacturing offshore) and within 12 months found "counterfeit" versions of their product being manufactured and sold by a subsidiary of their offshore manufacturing partner. Not to mention having their partner try to reverse engineer the component that I was shipping over there. Good luck!

3 people like this.
  10. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

While they are already getting their molding done in china, I believe the intention is to just use the chinese production for the kick starter batches and I'm under the impression they will be maintaining production in their US warehouse regardless.

3 people like this.
  11. vertigodragon

vertigodragon New Member

Does this mean there will be no QA from Robo for the printers shipped from China? XD

12. Chris Kucsera

Chris Kucsera New Member

Interesting. I ordered mine in March (missed the Kickstarter), and my invoice # was 1170. So I'll let you know when I get mine.

CK

13. Roger M

Roger M New Member

I ordered a kit minutes before funding ended, and then there was a problem with my order, which likely ensured last place in the kit delivery queue . I don't mind waiting, as I have been involved in new product development and know how many challenges can come in the start up phase. Optimism is necessary... but optimism that is not based on reality is not necessarily a good thing.
    I would like to update my expectations. What is the current estimate of when kits will begin to ship? How do I find out what my backer number is?

Thanks.

14. keraynopoylos

keraynopoylos New Member

According to Braydon's sayings(relayed by Mike), the Boro glass was shipped last Thursday 22nd of August, expedited delivery. It has now been a full week so it makes sense to ask if they have arrived yet.

Additionally, some different kind of glass was purchased(heat-proof I guess/hope?) in the meantime, so that some ABS units will begin to ship(same date, last Thursday). Did any of them indeed ship?

Harry could you help us out?

15. Harry

Harry Team ROBO 3D
    Staff Member

Hey Keraynopoylos and All, just spoke with Braydon. The Boro will arrive on Monday. Rain issues, as he said before held things up (After shipping, more delays due to weather). They did ship some more printers (ABS) but stopped as they decided the glass they received was not high quality, and were worried about it breaking in shipping. They are now doing a "upgrade" on the ABS versions (free) that have not been shipped, with 10"x10" Boro Glass. Thats all for now.
    - Harry

As a side note, Braydon just told me he plans on stopping on tomorrow or sometime this weekend with another update.

16. keraynopoylos

keraynopoylos New Member

Good to hear.

Thanks Harry.

17. Al Booth

Al Booth New Member

Or the boro glass will arrive Tuesday since Monday is a holiday.

18. James

James Member

Doh! Labor dayyyyy!!!!!

19. Thamer Albahiti

Thamer Albahiti Active Member

it's been 2 weeks, anything new ?
    <----- April delivery

3 people like this.
  20. David Mortlock

David Mortlock Active Member

April delivery for what? PLA or ABS.

If it is PLA I am guessing you will be getting it soon as they are being shipped. If it is for ABS then you will have to wait till they get the Boro glass, which may be today.

The Robo3D boys do give regular info here and on the shoutbox.