1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Updated to Marlin 1.1.7 from Waldos link and now...

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by CStew00, Dec 22, 2017.

1. CStew00

CStew00 New Member

My Z-steppers are not working right. I have tried a new stepper driver (2 actually) and am still getting the same output.. I have tried to turn up the power (up to about 1.2), and turn down the power to no avail... The machine was printing fine before the update... And the problem is I can't find my old firmware files to upload back onto it, so I am stuck. Please help.

Here is a link to a video of what it is doing:

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

3. CStew00

CStew00 New Member

Not sure what your telling me there.... I have no problem with the compiling or uploading of firmware.

4. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Did you see that you can download the original firmware there?

See the link

5. CStew00

CStew00 New Member

Ohh.. Yes I did.. Are you saying that 1.1.7 will not work on my R1?

6. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

@CStew00 There may be anomalies based on specific printers, but 1.1.7 pretty much works on every properly assembled Robo R1 series printer. Try changing some of the acceleration numbers to see if that fixes your issues.

In the mean time going back to the original Robo firmware @mark tomlinson linked to is always an option.

7. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

What @WheresWaldo said :)
    If you want to prove or disprove that it is a firmware issue you can reload the stock firmware and see what happens.
    Too often things happen when you are tweaking other things so it is entirely possible that this is not even firmware related.
    Go back to the original firmware and see what happens.

8. CStew00

CStew00 New Member

Found out it wasn't the firmware or anything to do with my Robo.... It only happens when you go to the move menu of the TFT28 that I have connected.. My only though is that it is sending a weird command to move it? Only way I know to maybe see what it's doing is connect to arduino and open terminal and hit the button to watch the command it sends...

mark tomlinson likes this.
  9. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

I have a TFT28 but it is not connected, I looked through the firmware a long time ago, when I got the unit, to see what it does. I am not sure where those files are anymore. MKS does have a GITHUB repository for the firmware. https://github.com/makerbase-mks/MKS-TFT
    I don't recall if those originally came defaulted to Repetier or Marlin in mks_config.txt, It might be something to check. It's on the SD card.

10. CStew00

CStew00 New Member

It's defaulted to Marlin. I made sure everything was correct in the config file before I flashed to newest FW. I know you can create a set of custom buttons, so I may make a new Z-axis move button.

Might have to report the bug on the github if it happens just with this FW.

11. CStew00

CStew00 New Member

Also, Regarding the TFT28. Since it is plugged into the AUX-1 port and doesn't require the smart adapter card, it would work without even specifying an LCD in the configuration.h file right?

12. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

Yes, it should work with no LCD specified. That will save some program memory.