1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Very Frustrated. First layer, every layer, problems

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Gary Boyce, Jun 20, 2018.

1. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

I haven't used autoleveling on any of my Robos in a really long time.
    The current default autlleveing is ... if not stupid at least not smart*. There are better options than the one they use.

Manual leveling you do once and then forget it. MESH/UBL is similar in that regard so if you need autoleveling do that.

*Not really Robo's fault -- they didn't write the firmware, but they did use the default method :)

Gary Boyce likes this.
  2. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

P.S. and at this price point there is no "plug and play" not with any brand unless you get lucky.

3. Gary Boyce

Gary Boyce Member

I can see that. And I have a work around but I didn't spend $1500 to have to implement work around for a supported selling point feature that doesn't work. If I spend $100 on some device and one of the features don't work then I expect a fix, or a refund within the warranty period. Not to be told I'm just stupid and don't know what I am doing. Very insulting.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

@Gary Boyce I'd suggest calling Robo HQ and voicing that exact stand. If they dont tell you what you want to hear have them escalate your support call to someone that can better assist you. Nothing wrong with wanting what you paid for (BUT! I also dont use autolevel and its been very reliable :D ) totally up to you my friend.

WheresWaldo and mark tomlinson like this.
  5. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

I agree with @Geof you should get a working machine, but sadly, we don't have any influence into their organization.
    We can help you with ways to get it working, not with sales, warranty, returns, etc. Business related items need to go back to the company... not the user community :)

WheresWaldo and Geof like this.
  6. Gary Boyce

Gary Boyce Member

I know. You guys have been a fantastic help in getting to the bottom of this issue, and I appreciate your help tremendously. Just had to have a little rant along the way.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mark tomlinson and Geof like this.
  7. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

We all have at one time or another :D We (@mark tomlinson and @WheresWaldo ) are use to the R1 series. Was much more hassle to get rolling :D

WheresWaldo and mark tomlinson like this.
  8. Gary Boyce

Gary Boyce Member

Just wanted to give an update..
    One of the engineers from Robo contacted me this evening and I am back to printing! There was a problem with the auto-level. He compiled the current firmware version with linear leveling and uploaded it for me. The most recent firmware release uses Bilinear mesh and that was a problem for me for some reason. Thank you guys for listening to me rant and helping me through this problem.

mark tomlinson, drbanks and Geof like this.