1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Was going to buy, but now...doesn't look good

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mikethinks, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Mikethinks

Mikethinks Active Member

I've been looking a several $900-1300 and found the Robo3d, saw that for about $900 I could get the printer and the items I need to make it actually function well. Even with its quirks it seemed like a very good product for the price. All seemed good, but the forums are leading me to the idea that delivery times are not being portrayed honestly.

The published 'lead time' of 4-6 weeks out is pretty easy to handle...but the forum is full of messages that show the actual lead time is 4-5 MONTHS. This kind of divergence between the promise and the real delivery would be unacceptable.

I understand, that especially early on, there are many things that can cause delays, and I have ordered things with much longer lead times than 4 months, but now that Robo3D is a production machine, I would hope that estimating backorder times would be pretty straight forward. So am I reading things wrong and 4-6 weeks is a real time frame, or is Robo really trying to deceive its way into my wallet.

I have no experience with this company, and all my concerns may be for naught, and I have not (please read the post) accused anyone of anything. But I cannot wait 4-5 months for delivery...by that time an entire new generation of machines will be shipping or close to it.

--Mike

2. warlocke

warlocke Active Member

If you want to know how long it would take to get a printer, I suggest contacting the Robo guys directly and just ask them.
    Allay your concerns and let them give you a direct answer. If you then decide to order the printer, it is up to them to deliver on that. Everybody is going to have a different buying experience. Some will post about it, some don't bother. Caveat Emptor.

3. Seshan

Seshan Active Member

I remember some where in the last couple days, that they are almost caught up, which would allow them to ship right away. I really doubt it will be 4-5 months.

4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

They should have just in come April.

The lead time was high before but quickly dropping. There are plenty of higher priced printers with better ship times

5. Mikethinks

Mikethinks Active Member

Support just got back to me(Id call that within 24 hours since I dont count weekends), and said that they have an overstock of printers so 4-6 weeks is no problem. On reflection I believe what they mean is they have plenty of parts and should be able to assemble one and ship it out within that time frame, which is cool.

2 people like this.
  6. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

They actually have been using a Chinese company for manufacturing then running a secondary QA in San Diego