1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Webcam on top of Cura

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by AlienBeans, Jun 17, 2017.

1. AlienBeans

AlienBeans Active Member

Very odd thing, but wanted to know if anybody else has experienced this. I opened CURA to load a project and started printing. Immediately after the job got to the printer and begin calibrating the webcam on the printer, came on and opened in a window right on top of cura. Octoprint was closed at the time. I'm curious if anybody else has had this happened and if so, is there a way to keep it from happening? I watch the print through the octoprint web interface and would rather not have the webcam open on top of cura (in addition to being available in the web interface).

2. Ed Ferguson

Ed Ferguson Active Member

I've never had a webcam window open automatically, but you can right-click on the webcam pane in OctoPrint and make it open in a new browser tab. If this happens again, when powering up the printer, on the LCD hit Utilities > Options > Webcam and turn it off. In OctoPrint you can Start Video Stream, then refresh the browser, to override the R2 LCD webcam OFF setting.

Attached Files:

#2 Ed Ferguson, Jun 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
    mark tomlinson likes this.
  3. Kilrah

Kilrah Well-Known Member

Yes Cura will show you the webcam image on the printer page if it's available and a print is running.

4. OutsourcedGuru

OutsourcedGuru Active Member