1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Well i screwed up

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by colton81, May 6, 2017.

1. colton81

colton81 Active Member

to make long story short was enabling my pi camera and i guess when i did the update through the terminal on the raspberry i thought it finished when i came home and turned the printer off then turned it back on and realized once i got back on my computer it didnt finish. Now i have a blank white screen on the lcd. Also octoprint wasnt connecting so i did a reinstall of it and its connected and seems to be working but cant get the lcd to work. Just stays white. Any idea?

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

I think @mark tomlinson saved a copy of the SD image when he got his C2 so you could always write that to the µSD Card and at least be at a starting point to upgrade to the current revision of RoboOS. It is a shame that Robo3D just doesn't post the SD images complete for writing but rather want you to use their upgrade method. It would be much easier in cases like yours to just rewrite the card image with something like Win32DiskImager or comparable Mac program and just be done and up to date.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

I have that image available, shoot me a PM and I will get you the download link.
    It will come with an odd name (not my choice it was a refurb an I just left it) but you can change that later if it bugs you :)

4. Kilrah

Kilrah Well-Known Member

I'd try asking Robo for a card image in this case... even if only to know the answer, so as to know that if they don't want to give it we should backup our cards first thing.
    Guess I'll do so whenever I get my R2 if that day ever comes.

5. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

You just explained my old image :)

Kilrah likes this.
  6. colton81

colton81 Active Member

Ive got it thanks @mark tomlinson i reinstalled the image to the sd card and it worked i got the camera to work but it wont stay on if i restart octoprint i have to go back into putty and re enable it. Any idea what i need to do?

7. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

That is pretty normal as far as the camera and octoprint.
    There may be someone who is more familiar with OctoPrint who can answer that.

Here are a few you can try:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/octoprint
    https://www.3dhubs.com/talk/Octoprint

There are a few threads in the software section you can check out here:

http://community.robo3d.com/index.php?threads/new-octoprint-1-3-0-released.17220/
    http://community.robo3d.com/index.p...toprint-gcode-direct-to-octoprint-setup.8217/

Not many folks with the older R series uses it (we do) but with the C2/R2 coming I imagine the number of folks using it will go up sharply.

8. colton81

colton81 Active Member

Well i figured out how to keep the camera on below shows what you have to edit. For anyone that doesnt know you need to do. access terminal through putty and type the below then intsert what the picture shows i attached and hit ctrl x to save and exit. Seems to keep the camera on even after restarting octoprint
    Code:
    sudo nano /etc/rc.local

Attached Files:

mark tomlinson likes this.
  9. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Cool, it makes sense that it is a Linux thing rather than a OctoPi thing.