1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved What cause this in the print?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Aflickted, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Aflickted

Aflickted Member

I was having some trouble with the layer height in my new printer. It printed a few parts very nice. Then it started not extruding. So I thought.. Turns out the extruder was to close to the bed. Called tech support, they said use the macro in MC z bed 1.2. That didn't help. I read on a few forums and saw -1.0. Tried that and it was to thick so ended up with .-8. I think the height is decent now. I'm getting these burnt looking spots in prints now, although I'm getting full prints again.

Attached Files:

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Do you use an oiler? If so then that might be due to too much oil getting on the filament. You really do not need much :) A very light sheen to the filament after it exits the oiler.

If not then I am unsure what would cause that. Perhaps contaminants of some sort in or on the filament.

3. Aflickted

Aflickted Member

I took off the hot end and saw that the PLA was built up on it. Really bad actually. I'll try to get it cleaned up. I don't know how this got posted twice. Thank you.