1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

What did I print?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Erica Lindström, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Erica Lindström

Erica Lindström New Member

Im still experimenting with my R2 and thought I would print chips to support the PLA guide tube to the power cables to the extruder, or so I thought. I found a file on the USB stick that I thought was right, but after 2h I got this. Any one know what I printed and where and how to use it?

Attached Files:

2. Kilrah

Kilrah Well-Known Member

I did have the clips as "Filament_Tube_Clips.gcode". No idea what you printed. How is it called?

3. supercazzola

supercazzola Active Member

Looks to me like the code got corrupt? I remember mine having a raft on the bottom, and the three clips on it. If I squint really hard, I can kind of see the three clips in there somewhere. But it looks like another raft was added on top somehow.

Is there anyway to pull that g–code in Cura and visualize what it thinks it should be printing ?

4. Kilrah

Kilrah Well-Known Member

Interesting, it looks like they screwed up in the latest update, the "Filament_Tube_Clips.gcode" from it is nothing like what same name was on previous version. Who knows what that part is, looks like a cover or something with lots of support.

I've attached the original below.

clips.jpg Clipboard02.jpg

Attached Files:

5. JeffreyB

JeffreyB Member

Yeah, in the release notes there's this: "Improved print quality for Filament_Tube_Clips."

6. Kilrah

Kilrah Well-Known Member

Guess someone threw the wrong file in by mistake...