1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

what's the latest update do / fix?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by supercazzola, Jul 15, 2017.

1. supercazzola

supercazzola Active Member

I noticed my zoffset was a bit too close for my liking, so I went to do a new z-offset using the latest firmware, but i noticed the location of the extruder was not in the center, so I backed out.

What does the new firmware bring to the table? and has anyone performed a z-offset using it? Is there an easier way to change the offset by a very small amount from the control panel or web interface. For example, if it is -7.1 and I want to make it -7.0 ?

thanks
    Kevin

2. Kilrah

Kilrah Well-Known Member

https://robo3d.com/changelogs/

Change in location is intentional from what this lists.

And yes you can change the value in the eeprom editor/home location.

supercazzola likes this.
  3. supercazzola

supercazzola Active Member

Thank you, wasn’t aware of that changelog. Very helpful

4. Kilrah

Kilrah Well-Known Member

The link was displayed on the screen when the update was offered to you ;)

5. JeffreyB

JeffreyB Member

Sorry for my ignorance... Does the RoboOS change just the robo plugin or does it actually update the Marlin code for the Arduino board? So if I've made changes to the Marlin code and then upgrade to 1.7.0, will my changes get overwritten?

6. AlienBeans

AlienBeans Active Member

I did this firmware update last night. Today I am printing a project and loaded the web interface to watch the print and noticed in the log posted above that they added what they call an easy toggle for the camera. However, I can't get to the bottom of the page to see device statistics because it shows the camera in one place but keeps populating a TURN CAMERA OFF button all the way down the page. If I go to the bottom, it scrolls almost immediately off the screen and is replaced with HUNDREDS of TURN CAMERA OFF buttons. It's ridiculous. It basically makes anything below the camera feed unusable because it won't stay on the screen to even see much less modify or setup anything.

7. JeffreyB

JeffreyB Member

Just to test, try a different browser than the one you're using. It could be a browser compatibility issue. I'm using Chome it the GUI works fine for me.

8. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

RoboOS changes just change the code on the Pi, firmware updates change the code on the printer control board (the arduino/ramps clone combo they have in there).

JeffreyB likes this.
  9. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

If you have changed the firmware (the Marlin code) then auto-updates to the firmware from OctoPrint will wipe those out so be prepared to disable auto updates to the firmware and manually do them as needed.

10. Kilrah

Kilrah Well-Known Member

The UI isn't broken for me. The way the button was hacked in there is atrociously ugly though. Pointless too IMO, might revert that bit of the code.

The LCD improvements are nice though. Had to reapply my "don't disconnect when bed removed" mod of course.

11. JeffreyB

JeffreyB Member

I like the new motor controls menu (and motors off) and the new preheat menu with configurable presets. Glad they changed the PLA to 190 from 200 also...

mark tomlinson likes this.
  12. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

I agree. 210 was the original preheat and that was silly for PLA.

13. AlienBeans

AlienBeans Active Member

I opened it in edge and it works just fine with 1 Turn Camera Off button like it should be. Apparently firefox was the problem.

supercazzola likes this.
  14. AlienBeans

AlienBeans Active Member

I'm not sure if this is a result of the latest update or not, but an odd thing started happening on recent prints. It's not a huge issue as it doesn't interrupt the prints or anything, just odd. Randomly during a print job the screen will change from the print job progress screen to a bed temperature screen and I believe it displayed another temperature screen once as well. The back function on the screen didn't seem to return it to the print progress screen. I powered it down after the print job completed and powered it back up for another print. I know the display has been problematic for some and its been spotty for me as well, but typically after a few presses I can get it to do what I want. Like I said, no huge deal, but kind of odd. Anybody else had this happen?

15. Kilrah

Kilrah Well-Known Member

Nope not here, and it's done quite a few printing hours since the update...