1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved When it rains it pours. Help

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by KNI1GHT, Apr 15, 2020.

1. KNI1GHT

KNI1GHT New Member

Seems my better of the two R1 Plus printers is starting to be finicky on a daily basis now. Extruder problems at first, that is "KINDA" solved but still being stubborn............and now this shown here. What is causing my print to alter it's position? It's not sliding or moving on the print bed, but it keeps shifting or off-setting during my prints now.

This is an R1 Plus printer, printing with pla and the recommended "stock" PLA settings in MaterControl. Tried to print a filament holder for the printer......see the shifting??

Maybe these things are just slowly starting to show their age. But I'm looking for a starting point to diagnose THIS new problem now.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

1) Your Y belt is slipping/skipping
    2) or your cog on the Y stepper that drives the belt is slipping (it has an allen screw to tighten it)
    3) or you have pissed off some evil power and been cursed*

1 - tighten the belt
    2 - tighten the allen scew (and then the belt)
    3 - pray.

*far less likely, really... ;)

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

The belts do stretch over time and need to be re-tightened likewise the set screw on the stepper drive cog needs loctite (and Robo didn't use any) so it can get loose.

Eric S likes this.