1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Where do the manual bed calibration set points reside?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Lance Weston, May 30, 2019.

1. Lance Weston

Lance Weston Active Member

My bed is 250mm x 227mm. I have gone through the header files in the Marlin and modified bed size no problem. I went and changed the auto level bed size thinking that is where the coordinates for the manual bed calibration would reside, it was not. I then poured through the GCODE and could not find any applicable commands to automatically set manual bed calibration. I therefore concluded that in must be on the Raspberry Pi, not in the Marlin code. I respectfully request that if I am correct, a screen to change the leveling points be added. I have zero problem leveling the bed now, but when everything else is completed this would be nice.

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

It is built into the LCD code, you can't change it. Bed size and auto-leveling are different and those are mathematically derived from firmware.

3. Lance Weston

I follow that it is in the LCD. I am referring to the Bed calibration screen; where you adjust the screws to level the bed either manually or guided. If the points are derived from the Marlin code I was unable to find where. I thought the coordinates might be derived from the auto coordinates.

4. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Reread my first sentence.

5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

The LCD code is not Marlin -- it is custom. Something Robo wrote.

(this is true for the C2 and R2 -- the R1 series had LCDs that were driven by Marlin -- or could be)

6. Lance Weston

yup, I can be slow