1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

where to start?

Discussion in 'Show and Tell' started by obzelite, Apr 21, 2015.

1. obzelite

obzelite New Member

ok, well i have an original kickstarter version, it got shelved pretty early after it arrived after a multitude of failed prints and i was going thru a messy divorce so there were a few moments when a failed print could have resulted in the first robo in orbit.
    well dragged it out over the weekend, dusted it off and started the print failure cycle all over again.
    this is fun i thought /s
    what a world we live in /s

new software is just frustrating, prints in the air. fk that. i say new, i mean new to me.
    back to repetier, which seems to works fine.

first layers always work, actually the first 10-15 mins of every print is great, then it slowly goes to shit.

pretty sure i need a new hobbed bolt and a new e3d solve the two issues i have.
    filament gets chewed out and stop feeding, and some layers dont stick together are the common totally repeatable problems ive tried to solve without paying more money. i'm resigned to the fact this was faulty/lemon from the start and now i need those two upgrades if i ever hope to start a print, and leave to make a coffee or get a printer higher than a cm.
    im hoping ebay will suffice.

but i thought i may as well update the printer while im at it, but its pretty unclear what firmware i need.

does installing R1 with Auto Level mean i will get auto level, or is auto level something only the new printers come with so i need the Non Auto Level Printer firmware.

i also cant seem to find any kind of upgrades on the robo site? i thought there was talk of a bed upgrade away from the rails.
    ive been out of the loop so long, i have no idea where to start. every search seems to bring up threads noah would have read.
    have kickstarter backers all given up/been disowned?

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

The Beta is what you (and I) have, That is the kickstarter version.
    The R1 is the new(er) model that they started selling.

You need to use the non-auto-leveling firmware.

There was a bed upgrade, but you had to do it when they offered it and it (sadly) is no more.

Getting it working is a bit of manual leveling effort. Start by making sure you have the correct firmware loaded.