1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Why arent prints centered

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by fredm, Mar 19, 2017.

1. fredm

fredm Member

They appear to be centered in matter control. But when i print they are further back on the build plate. Centered left to right but further back.

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Ignore the bed markings they are just for show and not an indication of where it will print. The Robo actually prints pretty close to the center of the supplied heating element taped to the bottom of the bed.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  3. fredm

fredm Member

thanks, I am about to print my first large print where I was concerned about print area.

4. Huski

Huski New Member

You can tweak Matter Control to print in the center of the bed .... PRINTER / PRINT AREA / Print Center ( mine set to 114 X 100 Y).
    I realise that this may not be the center of the heating pad, but it does make those of us with OCD issues happier !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

center is center, regardless of markings. the machines homes x and y then goes to the center of those homes based of the configuration in the firmware/slicer. Make sure when your changing your bed you arnt affecting your build size (not sure what mattercontrol does, I dont use it)

6. Huski

Huski New Member

Absolutely correct Geof, upon further investigation I have indeed lost a bit on build size by centering the print on the glass .... interestingly enough, having just replaced the foil tape under the bed heater that it is indeed lined up with the square marking on top of the glass and my 'new' centre.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

@Huski here is usually the issue, If you accept marketing claims of the Robo R1 bed size you will find out that the mathematical center of the bed is skewed toward the right and back of the printer. If you were to start at X0 and Y0 and just move 200 mm in each direction then move by one or two mm at a time you will come to the limit of movement before the advertised size if reached. In the X it is somewhere between 220 mm and 230 mm in the Y it is somewhere between 230 mm and 240 mm. There is a discrepancy in the Z also but most people don't build models that tall (it is similar to the Y axis in actual measurement). MatterControl and most other slicers that have a Robo supplied configuration use the advertised size instead of the actual measurements.

Huski and mark tomlinson like this.