1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

WIP: Cleaning up RoboOS / Work In Progress

Discussion in 'Projects' started by WheresWaldo, Oct 11, 2018.

1. CdRsKuLL

CdRsKuLL Member

Great work again :)

I've not looked at any of the frontends in great detail but it's only really a frontend. As long as you can can communicate with octo and the printer then you should be able to do anything. I'm away for a few days on business now but when I get home I'll crack kn and see if I can get an idea how they work.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Heh, I am tempted (at the moment only tempted) to just write a new LCD menu/front-end for the Robo R2/C2 and ditch theirs entirely.
    Would not be too hard really. I am quite familiar with Pi front-end/gui work so just labor ;)

Geof likes this.
  3. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

o @mark tomlinson I got my setup working without RoboLCD, it is just too broken to attempt fixing. I did get it done with OctoPrint-TFT running on the 5" screen. It is a much simpler interface but could probably easily add the Robo Wizards. In order for it to work, I had to do a local compile of the code, there are a couple of fixes not yet included with his binaries. I am about to try the image on my R2 since it is just a µSD swap. Except right now it is dinnertime.