1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved X axis does not glide equaly on rods (to left)

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Nicole Dubois, Apr 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicole Dubois

Nicole Dubois New Member

Hi,
    I have 2 robos R1 and I keep on having issues here and there. On one Robo the X axis, when it glides to the left its pretty smooth but for one point on the rods. I think this is the reason a get a shift in my prints. About a few layers after the raft has printed.

1- I have oiled everything.
    2- I have leved all the 3 axis.
    3- I have tighten the belt and loosen the belt.
    4- I have loosen completly the belt and then moved the X axis by hand and I still have the same problem.

Could it be a bearing problem? I am questionning because it only happens on a certain point on the rods.

Please help I am in a rush to get prints out for my strudents.

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

its possible its a bad bearing.

If you took the belt totally off and its showing the same issues by hand then eiither 1: bad bearing or 2: bad/bent rod (or maybe just not seated all the way causing a skew)

mark tomlinson likes this.
  3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

As @Geof mentions it could be a burr/rough spot on the rod (which can itself be caused by a bad bearing). Bearings are cheap so worth the investment in lubricating it and/or replacing it. The rod can either be polished or replaced if it is the issue. Bearings are a common failure...

4. Nicole Dubois

Nicole Dubois New Member

Hi,

Yesterday I received my bearings. Amazon 24 hours and got them. With a bit of force, I got the 4 bearings out. To put the new ones in no problem.

After putting everything back together my X axis never glided so good. No force needed. It goes left to right with no resistance. I think I had this issue from day one.

Did some 4 hours + print and WOW! Perfect.

The moral of this story is: If you are about to lose your bearings just change them! LOL!

Thanks to everybody for your help.

Geof and mark tomlinson like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.