1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

X-axis extruder Grinding Noise during calibration and MatterControl manually moving

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by ash_pala, Apr 21, 2018.

1. ash_pala

ash_pala New Member

Hey everyone, I've been using my R1 for about 2 months now and it's been working smoothly, until last week. I turned it on and went into MatterControl and heated up all the temperatures of the extruder. As I move the X axis of the extruder through the program it makes a grinding noise. The Z and Y axis are fine and then when the printer starts to calibrate the grinding noise happens again. How do I fix it? My prints are usually messing up now because of how much the extruder struggles to move on the z-axis. Any suggestions/comments/help are appreciated!

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Moved from thr R2 forum to the R1 forum

3. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Something is preventing the head from moving and the belt is skipping (the grinding noise).
    Check carefully to see what is binding the travel. A wire bundle is the usual suspect.

4. ash_pala

ash_pala New Member

I was checking the wire bundle and I can't seem to figure out what is the culprit. Any more info as to what I am missing and how should I resolve this problem? Could you maybe include some pictures/info on the parts i should be checking?

5. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Geof likes this.