1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered X axis pulley question

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Crypto3d, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Crypto3d

Crypto3d New Member

I have been having an issue with my prints shifting on the x axis. I believe it's due to either a loose motor gear, loose belt or the belt binding. I have tightened the motor gear already but when I was looking at the belt itself I noticed that my pulley/belt bearing looks different than some other r1s that I have seen. It's double the width of the belt and I think this causes the belt to be out of alignment with the x carriage causing it to bind. Attached is a picture. Is that on correctly? Do I need to shift the belt toward the front of the printer?

Attached Files:

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Hmm, don't think it is normally two bearing wide. I am away from mine ATM and can't check

@Geof or @WheresWaldo ?

3. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Although I doubt that alone would cause a bind...

4. Crypto3d

Crypto3d New Member

I found this picture on the forums that shows two bearings as well (at least it looks that way to me) on someone else's printer:
    http://community.robo3d.com/index.php?attachments/belt-jpeg.12582/

But yet in other posts I have seen just the one bearing setup. Should I remove one of the bearings or should I just adjust the belt toward the carriage?

Thanks!

5. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Just adjust it. Since nobody else chimed in yet, I will have to go and look at a printer when I get a chance (not in the next room anymore) :)

Unless the belt is "walking" enough to rub up against the race it is not a problem normally.

#5 mark tomlinson, Sep 5, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  6. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

hey gents, sorry for the reply. My R1+ machines are all double bearing. Typically belt tension or the bolt/nut for those bearings get tight and cause the belt to walk. On one machine nothing I did corrected it until I changed the belt, the other loosening the bolt and tightening the belt helped.

mark tomlinson likes this.