1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved x- axis triggered all the time

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Dafni, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Dafni

Dafni New Member

Hello,

I had posted a problem yesterday and having a bit more research I figures out that the x-axis is always triggered. I used the m119 in the middle of the bed and it says y: Open, z: Open and x:triggered. If I manually press the buttons of y or release the Z axis switches and run m119 they change to triggered. Though in the x axis, what ever I do it remained triggered. I checked the button to see if it is pressed all the time but it is not...

What might have caused that?

Thanks...

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Bad switch or bad wiring to the switch.
    With the printer off you can read the switch contacts with a multimeter and see if they are opening/closing (disconnect wires and read resistance across the switch while you manually trigger and release it). You should see it go between high resistance (open) and low resistance (short)

3. Dafni

Dafni New Member

I checked the connections and they look alright on the bottom of the printer. When I directly try to measure the resistance it find that when i push the button the circuit is open as I get no reading. When I measure it while the switch is released I get readings.. What would be the correct value?

4. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

That sounds correct. It should be open circuit one way and low resistance the other. So the switch is probably fine and either the wire from the switch is broken or disconnected from the RAMPS board (I'd bet on it getting disconnected).

5. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

If you open it up to check the ramps here is the pic so you can see where the X end-stop is supposed to go:

Ramps-1.4.png

6. Dafni

Dafni New Member

Pf... I managed to fix it.. The connection in the clip was really poor as the wires were super short! I extended the wire and now the connection is perfect! The X axis seams fine and it's not doing that grinding noise as before! The y axis is off now though!.. Oh well! I'll investigate it more!

One last question, as I removed the bottom lid I disconnected the bottom fan! Would it be possible to let me knwo where it is supposed to be connected? :D :D

Thanks for the help :D :D

mark tomlinson likes this.
  7. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

8. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

9. Dafni

Dafni New Member

That's really helpful!! Thanks!!!