1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

x motor buzz only

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Robert Nelson, May 5, 2014.

1. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

yeah. It can be a bit daunting at first.

2. Robert Nelson

Robert Nelson New Member

Does the whole black piece move or just the board on top?

3. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

It's the same connection type as between the ramps board and arduino, only much tighter so it's harder to remove. I definitely don't advise this but if you absolutely can't get it out you can use a tongue and groove pliers to remove it, but use your judgement on if this is something you're capable of and i can't be blamed if you knock something off your driver (true story)

4. Robert Nelson

Robert Nelson New Member

I eventually figured out what moved and what didn't. For some reason it works! But I'm scratching my head why. I can't actually get the middle board back down. The space is too tight because I plugged the X board back in first. Maybe there was a slightly bad connection due to stress.
    Why did you suggest switching boards anyway? I didn't think that would change anything...

5. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

We were trying to determine if there was a faulty stepper driver or if the issue was with the RAMPS board itself

6. Robert Nelson

Robert Nelson New Member

That makes sense. But why it works now doesn't to me...unless it happens again. I have not had the unit on very long. Is this little board I moved available at Radio Shack?

7. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer