1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unanswered Y axis shifting

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by JD Robinson, May 20, 2021.

1. JD Robinson

JD Robinson New Member

So I've seen a lot of posts about y axis shifting. I am having an issue with my Y axis shifting, however, all the posts i see are of a large single shift then it continues on like normal. My issue is like every layer moves about a millimeter each time causing the print to appear skewed on the plate. I attached a visual to show what is happening. The model on the left is what it should look like and the one on the right is what is happening. It appears to be only happening after like layer 10 or so. I have adjusted the belt tension, i have re-leveled, i have tightened the motors, i replaced the nozzle and the extruder. Please help.

Attached Files:

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Something is slipping with every layer then it is belt related.
    Too loose or the belt drive cog slipping. or something is getting caught in the drive train. If it is only the Y (along the bed) axis then likely something under the bed is getting hung. There is a wire bundle under there that needs to move freely.

3. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

what happens if you drop the print speed by 75% or so?
    Does it do it the same or is it more or less slip?

4. JD Robinson

JD Robinson New Member

Yea it does the same thing. Ill look under the bed to see if there is something catching. I have gone through the range on the belts from way loose to over tight and its still the same. Yes it is just on the Y axis.

5. JD Robinson

JD Robinson New Member

And thank you for the quick response. By the way, if it matters, I am using an Ender 3 V2.

6. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Well, my advice is targeted on the Robo so ... it may be of less value to you. I have no experience with the kinematics on the ender :)
    If it is much the same for the drives on the axis then the advice might help.