1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Y-Axis shifts on large prints

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Titaniumboy, Dec 21, 2019.

1. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

No, but there is no official RAMPS 1.6 from RepRap.org (1.4 was the last, 1.5 was talked about and worked on a bit, but never officially released)

The ones labeled anything higher than 1.4 are made by vendors and generally contain minor changes to the way the power and input/output connections are done. So if you go there expect that you will have to do some minor relocation of wires or power...

No clue if they are better or worse.

2. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Also a new A4988 may still have to be adjusted (although that is not always the case) and if bumping the output current a notch solves your problem I'd consider that a win :)

Your machine, your call ... It could very well still be the RAMPS

3. Chuck Glenn

Chuck Glenn Member

ok, i went 120 clockwise, and I started a print, but then noticed the bed was wobbling a little, which was messing up the auto-level... then I noticed the left Y pillow split down it's length across the top. For all I know that could have been the issue all along. I'll replace those and see what we have. It's getting to be more like one of those old cars... Maybe I need a bumper sticker on this thing that says "don't laugh it's paid for"

4. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

:)

At least that is all printable stuff
    I used to have a full set of printable parts (before I had multiple printers) and I have since handed them out to folks who needed them. If you can't print a part we can help you.

5. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

but seriously, go print all your spares when you can
    :)

6. Chuck Glenn

Chuck Glenn Member

well since I only have one printer and it's flaking... i just ordered the pillows from partsbuilt. After installing those I have had no skips in the first 4 prints, where I was averaging a skip in every other. Also the buzzing noises went away despite that I kept the new stepper in place. So I think we are good! Thanks for all the help and advice.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  7. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

NOW print spares :)