1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unanswered Z- and X Axis problem

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Charles M Waldie 3, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Charles M Waldie 3

Charles M Waldie 3 New Member

I Just got my 3d printer a few days ago. I followed the video instructions on how to setup the printer. When I go into matter control and test the Z and X nothing seems to work minus Z going up. The bed works fine with the Y axis. I haven't checked underneath to see if any wiring is the problem. Any help would be useful.

2. Naor Biton

Naor Biton New Member

I had a similar problem with one of the Z motors, and I got mine just a couple of days ago.

What I did was to open to bottom cover (carefully, there's a fan screwed onto the cover, which is connected to the control board, so just tilt it slightly, and disconnect the fan), and I made sure that all the connectors were inserted all the way in to the control pins on the board.
    I also saw that some free pins were bent and making contact with each other, so I carefully bent them back into place.

You should also make sure that the stepper motors (top, middle and bottom metallic boxes) are connected on the other end of the connectors.

The connectors seem a little fidgety and could probably pop out or get loose if the printer experienced any shock or vibrations.

#2 Naor Biton, Feb 13, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  3. Charles M Waldie 3

Charles M Waldie 3 New Member

I solved my problem. It was the wiring that wasn't connected properly. I feel all tingly inside now. :O

mark tomlinson and Shigemal like this.