1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Z axis improperly homing

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Jinian, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Jinian

Jinian New Member

We just moved and I unpacked our Robo3d R+. This is the second time we've moved, shipping it in the original packing materials. We had no problems on the first move.

The home function only homes on X & Y axis. The Z axis doesn't home properly. It sits about 7 mm above the print bed.

I've reinstalled the Matter Control software, reset the Z offset, watched the videos, etc. The problem is with the z-switch on the right side. The bracket is sitting too low. I cannot adjust it properly. The nut doesn't seem to want to sit inside the upper bracket. Open to ideas here.

#1 Jinian, Sep 23, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
  2. Henradrie

Henradrie New Member

I had something similar happen to my R1. Issue was that the vertical rods were not straight and this caused one of the limit switches to be open all the time. I adjusted the upper support brackets and the problem resolved itself.

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

3. Jinian

Jinian New Member

Okay -- the brackets were the issue. Not particularly easy to get in the right place. Laying the printer on the side to take the weight off seemed to give me the leeway needed to get them properly seated. Thanks!//D

mark tomlinson likes this.