1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered Z axis offset for pei sheet

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Angel C, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Angel C

Angel C New Member

Hey guy I installed pei sheet a month or so back and Im have a problem with the offset for the sheet. When I home the nozzle it touching the bed. I’m afraid to start a print as I feel it will burn a hole in it. I did try to adjusted the offset using pronterface and some of the command wouldn’t work. I have been using the auto leveling as I’m still new to 3d printing and still trying to figure thing out. If anybody can point me the way or help me out really appreciate it thank Im advance guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

When you place any type of sheet on a R1 printer you must do your homing with the nozzle cold. Normally that entails a custom G-Code start up script. Without knowing which slicer you use to slice models There is no way to accurately tell you what/where that g-code is.

Generally there is a G28 followed by a G29, those two commands must precede the temp commands usually G109 and/or G190 and G104 and/or G140.

3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

4. Angel C

Angel C New Member

Hey Geof I had use the start up code that you had mention in that post but I’m still having problem when it home and wait for nozzle to heat up as it sit right on the pei sheet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Try putting this after the G29;

G1 Z5 F5000 ; lift Z by 5mm

That will force another lift.