1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Z axis problems.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by zolagg, Aug 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zolagg

zolagg New Member

Hello all. This is my first time posting on this forum and I'm hoping someone could help. I recently changed my stock hot end on my robo 3d r1 plus to an e3dv6 hot end. After I got everything put back together and tested my first print I noticed 2 problems that I've never had before. The first problem was that my z axis movement was much faster than before. When I use my LCD screen controller to move the z axis up and down it travels at about twice the speed and also when I have it set to move 1mm at a click it moves about 10 or more mm. The second problem is when I go to print something the print head prints about 5mm above the bed just pushing out filament in mid air. Thanks in advance for any help I can get.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Did you change the firmware?

As for the air printing, you need to adjust your default Z offset since the extruders are not the same size, but first check to make sure both of the Z axis home switches are in the correct position.

3. zolagg

zolagg New Member

Ok I will check the switches. The z offset does make sense because I have 2 different printer profile settings and one prints in the air and the other puts the nozzle pressed onto the bed so no filament comes out. I also did upload firmware because i was originally going to use the pt100 sensor from e3d but i was having lots of problems with the temperature so i just went with the m3 stud sensor from printed solid and it worked fine. I am very new to all this so i don't know how to change back to the original firmware. Hoping that is possible.

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

zolagg and Geof like this.
  5. zolagg

zolagg New Member

The printer is working great again! Thank you for all of your help.

Geof and danzca6 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.