1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unanswered Z axis switch

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Spidematt, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Spidematt

Spidematt Member

My left z axis switch wiggles not sure how big of deal this is but doesn't seem right .

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

if it is bolted securely it shouldn't wiggle. I'd check the 2 screws that hold it on and then on the back side of the mount it bolts to there is a bolt and lock nut, I'd try snuggin that up some.

3. Spidematt

Spidematt Member

Yea it's all tight it's the whole mount that has some play in between the bracket that keeps it close to the carriage so the whole assembly wiggles when it goes up and down

4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

if it is bolted tight to the nut I'd have to assume t;hat the play is in the threads on the z screws (probably not an issue). Is your 1st layer height repeatable without constant adjustment?

5. Spidematt

Spidematt Member

Yea I'm not having any major printing problems it's just concerning cause when it moves up and down the whole switch assembly on the left side has room to wiggle before it goes up and the fact that that is the side that was messed up a bit when I unpacked it

6. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Some side-to-side motion may be acceptable. Take a picture of the switch and bracket from a couple of angles and post it. We can see if it looks right. Pics of both -- even better

Geof likes this.