1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Partial Answer Z Axis Wizard Glitch Causes Extruder to Smash into Bed

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Chair, Jan 24, 2017.

1. colton81

colton81 Active Member

Yea i figured that was the case that it cant factor in a warped bed. I feel this could have been prevented by putting a glass bed instead of a plastic bed. I know majority of 3d primters have their issues still since its still relatively new to the market. But for $700 i feel like i bought a used piece of equipment that is still in the testing phase. I would like to see how the R2 comes out because if i was one of the ones that pre ordered it for $1,500 and its in the same situation as the C2 i would be verry dissapointed. Hopefully Robo customer service over the phone is better then their ( Bull ) email customer service. They could have also placed the spring loaded screws for the bed to help adjust it then having us to put paper shims underneath it.

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

lol first gen machines always have bugs and glitchy things that need worked out that get improved on overtime...most often by owners of said machines. Start tinkering my friend and you will get there, if your extremely unsatisfied call and talk with Robo during buisness hours (Do not only email) and I'm sure they will do their best to make it right with you.

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Bear in mind that the original Robo machine started with the beta and ran to the R1+ before (IMHO) it was as good as it could get with that design.

The C2/R2 are different enough design that there will be a stretch of new bugs to iron out. Even so, the C2 is a world away from and better than the beta was.

I still think that Robo is striving to get to the point that they have a consumer product and that will take a bit more work. The C2 is about as close as I have seen and certainly in that price range.