1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Z-offset issue

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Lang Schwartzwald, Feb 10, 2020.

?

How has your Robo support been?

1. Great!

50.0%
  2. Not Bad, but could improve.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Not so good.

50.0%
  1. Lang Schwartzwald

Lang Schwartzwald New Member

I have 6 Robo R2 printers and 3 of them have developed this same issue. When I go through the Z-offset setup process the bed raises about 160mm but not close enough to complete the wizard. It's like the printer believes the print volume is 160mm instead of 250mm. I have tried to manually set the build volume, but it is set correctly. I've also changed the EEPROM z-offset settings manually with no difference. I've updated the firmware (wondering if I should downgrade the firmware since this problem appeared out of nowhere, could have been an update). I've also manually entered in G-Code to move the bed further but nothing works. I also verified that the z-stop is working as expected, including the z-min, but it doesn't appear to use z-min during this process. I informed Robo, and they suggested manually changing the Z-offset in the EEPROM settings but this had no effect and they stopped communicating with me about it. I'm hoping someone can help. z-position-stop2.jpg

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Take a look at what the Z offset is that is stored in the EEPROM.
    I have an issue with some of the current versions of the RoboOS where the value entered is "right", but "wrong" as it is supposed to be a negative number and it is not.

3. tkoco

tkoco - -.- --- -.-. ---
    Staff Member

Software and firmware versions? Please read the R2 FAQ for more information.

#3 tkoco, Feb 11, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2020