1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Z Offset

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by RichardY, Apr 15, 2020.

1. RichardY

RichardY New Member

Hey guys
    First post here, hoping you all can save me. I looked through the archive and no post seems to solves my issue. After my robo 3d r1 + printed successfully for 3 hours, it no longer will print the first layer at the proper height. I am using the most recent version of matter controller, and no matter what I set the z offset to be, inside the macros section, the hot end will not be close enough to the bed to squish the melted filament. The bed goes through the auto level process properly, the cut off switches work properly. It is only once it gets to the first layer that it is to far off the bed. I have tried basically every offset from 2 through -2 and the hot end will never touch the bed. Please help me, this has never been an issue before.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

I don't use MatterControl so someone else can address that

I'd suggest trying another slicer/host program to see if this is specific to MatterControl for a start.

It sounds like at some point that MC is not getting it right.

RichardY likes this.
  3. RichardY

RichardY New Member

I think you might have been right about that. Cura does not seem to have issues changing the z offset. I guess the newest update to Matter Controller broke something.

mark tomlinson likes this.