1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Robo 3d says the temp droped to much before printing even though it was at correct temp

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Poplip200, Jan 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poplip200

Poplip200 New Member

I have a robot 3d with an e3d installed everything works but when I try to print for sd card or USB it levels then heats up the extruder but instead of doing something it sits there and I have my fans turn on during the second layer so the fans turn on and it running the code on the screen with live preview doing like 2 layers a second saying its printing and giving me this error
    READ: Printer stopped due to errors. Fix the error and use M999 to restart. (Temperature is reset. Set it after restarting)
    please help
    P.S. I watch to when it fails and the temps were at operating temp

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

So you need to find the real error. That "Printer stopped due to errors. Fix the error and use M999 to restart."
    Is marlins brain-dead way of telling you an error has happened. It doesn't tell you what error (which is THE DUMB) so read all the way back through the console log until you find an actual error. My wild guess would be that the error is

"Temperature fell too much during print"

Which cancels the print.

Go make sure.

3. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

And if the error is the one I mentioned then understand that the user interface does not display the temperature as fast as marlin reads it. It is seeing a sudden spike (down) in temperature and kills the print even though a split second later it is fine.

This is caused normally by bad wiring to the thermistor or the thermistor is loose/out of place/moving around or the thermistor is damaged/cracked.

In rare cases it can be a bad board (like the RAMPS) but -- rare.

4. Poplip200

Poplip200 New Member

I will go about testing these theory's i will let you know if it works

5. Poplip200

Poplip200 New Member

I checked the wires they look fine and are connected correctly I have a feeling its a software issue because sometimes it print and sometimes it doesn't i can also trick it into working by typing M999

6. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Nope. That error is always hardware.

The firmware is just telling you that the signal from the thermistor is not working 100% of the time.

7. Poplip200

Poplip200 New Member

I have not clue whats happening then

8. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

One of those I bet.

9. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Often this error will happen when you are starting a print because the extruder moved around (and the thermistor moved and had a spastic moment due to one of the issues I described above).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.