1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Prints have sharp edge

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by spankurmonkey, Jan 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rigmarol

Rigmarol Well-Known Member

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

@Rigmarol look carefully at the first image, there is a skirt about 5 mm away from the cube, so what you see attached to the cube is the elephants foot artifact. Layer 1 squished too much and too much bed head keeping the first layer soft, maybe even a bit of over-extrusion on top of all that.

#22 WheresWaldo, Feb 2, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  3. Rigmarol

What you are calling a "brim" (a perimeter print not attached to the model) I guess I'd call a "Skirt".
    I get what you are saying about the "elephant's foot" and understand. To me it looked like a bad skirt but what ever it is it is not right and I defer to more experienced suggestions.

4. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

@Rigmarol you are correct it is a skirt, but S3D can't print a skirt and brim on the same process, so it can't be a brim and must be what I said it was, an aberration in the print.

Rigmarol likes this.
  5. Rigmarol

Thanks, I was not aware of that limitation. Never tried to print both on MC or Cura so it may be the same on those as well, I don't know. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.