1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered R1 issue

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by narmentr, Feb 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. narmentr

narmentr New Member

Hey everyone,

I've been slowly getting the printers in our lab up and running and have been able to fix most issues but I hit a new one I'm not sure what to do with. On the most recent printer I've been working on, I have got all the axes calibrated and the stops working correctly. When I start a test print the program does the nine point leveling dance but once the ninth point has been hit the printer just stops. Matter control shows it still running but the printer doesn't do anything. If I cancel and restart it does the same thing. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Nathan

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

It may be waiting to get the temperature to the point it can extrude.
    If the extruder is not at extrusion temperature it will do the dance and then wait ...

3. cain

cain New Member

Mine has done this a few times, and mine was preheated, usually right after the 9 point check(matter control)it will go straight to printing.
    times that it stalled I had to do a hard re-start(pull power plug) and M999 it or it just did it all over again.
    what i did when this has happened
    1. disconnect printer in matter control and exit
    2. turn printer off and pull power plug wait a couple minutes.
    3. plug printer back in and turn on, restart matter control and wait for printer to connect
    4. go to settings and controls>options>show terminal in terminal enter M999

I don't know if yours will react the same as mine or if it will fix your issue but has worked for mine.

Rigmarol likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.