1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Y Axis Not Working

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Doug Domokos, Feb 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doug Domokos

Doug Domokos New Member

Just recieved my printer today. The Y axis will not move back and forth using the software. Please help.

*EDIT*
    Sorry, the system wouldn't let me post my original issue in detail for some reason. I swear I am not a spram brot.

Anywho, I have downloaded MatterControl 1.6. X and Z axis will move however the Y axis on the print bed will not. It will move manually. The printer belts are installed and secure. I have also tried installing MatterControl 1.5 with still not change. Not sure what to do at this point.

2. Rigmarol

Rigmarol Well-Known Member

My Robo 3D R1 Plus had a similar issue when I got mine. Turned out the flat cable attached to the rear of the bed was not pulled all the way free and it was binding. Something to check. Good luck.

Doug Domokos likes this.
  3. Doug Domokos

Doug Domokos New Member

Thank you for the reply! Yeah, I saw that when I took it out and pulled the cord all the way out. It's not an just issue of the print bed not moving, the motors are not engaging at all.

4. Rigmarol

Time to open it up and check connections.
    Unplug power AND USB cable (receives power from both) and put it on its side to remove the bottom. Check ALL connections while you are at it.

Doug Domokos likes this.
  5. Doug Domokos

Doug Domokos New Member

Nine gods of Akitosh! Bless you, that's exactly what was wrong, just a connect not....well...connected.

Rigmarol and mark tomlinson like this.
  6. Rigmarol

Congrats!

Doug Domokos likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.