1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Extruder switched off. Temperature fell too much during print! New and improved

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by mamejay, Mar 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mamejay

mamejay Member

Hey guys,
    I know this has been asked before but I am not sure if my problem is the same as the other thread with the same name.
    I have a Robo3D R1.
    It has been printing perfectly until today. I started a print and found that the bed and heater block heat up perfectly and the bed level routine starts.
    As soon as this starts I see the temp drop from 195 a couple of degrees every second as its doing the routine and the print does not start after the 9 point bed level.
    If it was a loose wire or thermistor issue would it just not heat up? As its heating up fine I have concerns.
    Printing with PLA at 195c

Thanks

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

No the movement during the autoleveling is making the loose wire or cracked thermistor stop reading ... briefly.
    The firmware sees the sudden dip in temperature and raises that error and kills it.

Always a thermistor problem of some sort ... the error means that the firmware lost temperature data. Only part in there is the thermistor and wiring harness. Sure, the RAMPS and Arduino are "in there" but if they were having issues it would happen all the time, not when the extruder is moving around.

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Another Marlin specific issue (that annoys me) is that during the 9-point autoleveling routine marlin is really not even looking at the thermistors or maintaining heat so ... the temperature can drift down if there are fans blowing on the nozzle or cool air moving around it.

4. mamejay

mamejay Member

All sorted now. I replaced the thermistor with a spare that I had and back to normal . When I removed the old one if just fell apart so I suspect this was the issue ;)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

mark tomlinson likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.