1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered Filament jamming

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by lesyriad, Apr 10, 2017.

1. lesyriad

lesyriad New Member

So I have had my robo3d for a little over 2 weeks. It has been working up until yesterday when I started having issues. The filament I have been using is the robo3d gold filament that I got with it. Yesterday I started having issues where the filament would jam and stop extruding. But it wasnt a complete sudden stop. It was printing then it would get spots where the filament would come out as small dots for a little while then it would stop printing at all. I figured it was a jammed extruder head. However After removing the filament trimming it (cutting the end off) and trying it again it would start printing again for a little while (different lengths of time for each retry) then the symptoms would repeat. After trying this 3 times I swapped to a different filament roll and boom no issues. Prints great, completes the prints, no jamming. So this has lead me to the conclusion that its the filament. What could cause this?

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

PLA? It tends to do that... more so once it absorbs moisture. See the thread on seasoning /oiler

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

3. m4r1n5

m4r1n5 Member

Mine was ABS and it ended up being filament stuck in the hotend. Possibly too high a temp?

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk