1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

What would be nice...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by OutsourcedGuru, Sep 6, 2017.

1. OutsourcedGuru

OutsourcedGuru Active Member

...would be to build a hyperlinked collection of photos of the C2/R2 which then drill down to the collection of sourced parts we've found as replacements.

So, there's an HTML page with an image of the C2 on it. Using a client-side IMAGEMAP, there are regions which correspond to the subassemblies and then further, into the parts themselves.

You'd have links to the places where you've found a perfect match.

I'm here on the digi-key page for two-pin JST connectors, for example. I've just done the work necessary to determine that this is the right part but a lot of other printer owners have to re-invent that wheel and re-do the effort if they want one.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Can't do that in the forum*.
    Sorry.
    Feel free to do a post with links (like we do in most project threads). But anything too complex is right out.

You COULD do a picture and then link to another thread/post with links, but that is the extent of it.

3. OutsourcedGuru

I COULD do a vanity website similar to pinout.xyz, actually. I'm all about websites.

Can't say that I know enough about the R2 yet, though.

4. OutsourcedGuru

Just snagged robo.fyi, for what it's worth. :cool:

5. sgomes

sgomes Active Member

Let me know when there's a repo. Happy to send a few PRs your way.

6. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

By all means feel free to use any pictures or other information I have posted if you are going to go forward with this.

7. OutsourcedGuru

One very lonely repo.

You can "throw" me things using the Issue mechanism, if you'd like. Just please preface any conversation with "R2", "C2", "R1" or "common" or something like that so that I know the scope.

I can make photos of the C2, no problem. I can snag a variety of stock photos from the web and other places for the other printers, at least initially. I'll talk with Braydon about getting some better photos, like of a naked Robo board so that we can document what each of the connections do, for example.

8. OutsourcedGuru

Decided to use Linode.com for the hosting. So far, I can highly recommend the experience. The server was spun up immediately, booted fast. Granted, you have to really know your I.T. here since they don't hold your hand too much.

http://robo.fyi

Don't laugh. This is just the first iteration. So now, I'll need to gather up some stock photos so that I can do that imagemap thing I described earlier. I'll stalk the site to find those sourced parts. I recall that a few of these parts gave you troubles (like a thermistor mis-match in one case) so I'll have to be careful, I suppose.

Didn't think about this earlier, but I could also source good filament vendors too.

9. OutsourcedGuru

Let me know what I'm missing on the standard set of stuff you'd expect: parts list

Thanks