1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Printing without bed heating up

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Matt730, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Matt730

Matt730 New Member

My R2 bed pogo pins stopped being springy. I’m getting a replacement bed, but in the meantime I’m wondering if I can still print without having the bed heat up?

I’ve tried changing the temps to 0C or 23C but I keep getting an error, I think because the bed isn’t connecting to the pogo pins, it’s not registering that the bed is actually there, anyways I’m just wondering if there’s a work-around to my problem?

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

The R2 RoboOS does check for a bed connection I don't know the exact mechanism they use because their code is scattered in too many files. But my understanding is that the pogo pins are paired so unless both of the same pair are defective you should still see the bed. I am not 100% sure of this.

3. Matt730

Matt730 New Member

yes, one set of the 3 pairs of pogo pins are both pushed in and not connecting. I guess that means there is nothing I can do? :(

The bed is registering as being connected, only when I try to print something I get an error message. I think that's weird but I guess I'll just wait for the new bed to arrive!