1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Nozzle does not move down

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by 3dinla, Nov 23, 2017.

1. 3dinla

3dinla New Member

Hi there,

Let me preface this by saying I am new to 3D printing and so a) I'm not sure how to search for the issue I'm having (z axis maybe?) and b) even after looking at getting started videos, it's not clear to me how to get my printer set up and calibrated the first time.

I installed the software and followed the steps in the online user guide. I started one test print and the extruder only would come to within 3-4 inches of the plate. I fiddled around with the bits on either end of the bar that holds the extruder, played around with the settings in MatterControl, removed and readded the printer, and tried another print. Now the extruder has moved up toward the top of the printer (with a not so good noise, so I turned the whole thing off). Is this something I should be able to move with the controller software? Can I manually move it? Am I missing an obvious setup step?

I've attached a photo of what it looks like now. Thank you. ROBOR1+.jpg

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

3. 3dinla

3dinla New Member

Thanks for the pointer, I will give it a watch!

4. Mario

Mario New Member

Pull down on the X-Axis Rods with your fingers on the right side of the extruder and hit the home button. That should trigger the Z-Axis end stops enough to let it come down.

5. 3dinla

3dinla New Member

The switch was indeed stuck open. I had to try a couple different things to get the piece that holds the bar to fit over the nut and rest against the switch. Now I know what to look for. Thanks again!

Off to watch the next video because my next issue is a jam/clog. I'm hoping that's it for my to-do list of things to fix!

Attached Files:

#5 3dinla, Nov 26, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
    mark tomlinson likes this.